Norfolk – Cargo operations at The Port of Virginia are continuing, albeit slowly as the clean-up continues at the state-controlled marine terminals following winter storm Leon. The operations schedule for Thursday (Jan. 30) afternoon and Friday (Jan. 31) is as follows:
- Gates will close at APM Terminals Portsmouth (APMT) and Norfolk International Terminals (NIT) tonight (Jan. 30) at 7 p.m.
- Vessel operations at APMT are continuing.
- Rail operations at APMT are continuing.
- Vessel operations at NIT will resume Friday at 8 a.m.
- Rail operations at NIT will resume at 7 p.m., Friday.
- All gates at APMT and NIT will open at 8 a.m., Friday.
- The empty container yards in Norfolk and Portsmouth will open at 8 a.m., Friday.
- Newport News marine Terminal is operating per its normal schedule.